Maggie has an MA with Distinction in Creative Writing. She is the winner of the 2013 Ted Hughes Award for New Work in Poetry for her multimedia live literature production, Zones of Avoidance. Currently she is working on ‘Diving into the Wreck’, a live literature project with people in recovery from addictions in Portsmouth.
Maggie has provided creative writing workshops for organisations including Portsmouth Users’ Self Help Group, St James Hospital, The Poetry School, MIND, Anvil Arts, as well as poetry and performance workshops at The New Theatre Royal and the Kings Theatre in Portsmouth.
She has also delivered projects such as Finding the Words for people living with dementia, The Last Hour at the D-Day Museum, Poetry for Emotional Well being at Portsmouth City Girls School, and Hooked on Words at Cranstoun Community Drug Action.
- Charcot’s Pet (Flarestack Publishing) 2003
- The Zig Zag Woman (Two Ravens Press) 2007
- Zones of Avoidance (Cinnamon Press) 2015
Poems and articiles featured in the following anthologies
- Lyrical Beats – celebrating five years of Rhythm&Muse, ed. Alison Hill
- Said and Done – New Writing from Brittle Star (Stonewood Press)
- Images of Women (Second Light) ed. Myra Schneider & Dilys Wood
- Four Caves of the Heart (Second Light) ed. Myra Schneider & Dilys Wood
- This Island City (Spinnaker Press)
- Did I Tell You? Poems for Children in Need (Wordaid) ed. Nicky Gould & Vicky Wilson
- Soul Feathers (Indigo Dreams Press)
- The Second tall-lighthouse Poetry Review
- Beyond Stigma (Sixties Press) ed. Barry Tebb
- The Book of Hopes and Dreams (Bluechrome Publishing) ed. Dee Rimbaud
- Mouth Ogres (Oxmarket Press) ed. Dave Swann & Hugh Dunkerley
- Dreaming Beasts (Krebs & Snopes) ed. Dave Swann & Hugh Dunkerley
- Writing Your Self (Continuum) ed.John Killick & Myra Schneider
- Writing Routes – A Resource Handbook of Therapeutic Writing (JKP) ed. G Bolton, V Field, K Thompson
- Her Wings of Glass (Second Light) ed. Myra Schneider, Penelope Shuttle & Dilys Wood
Reviews and Recordings
- Poetrypf (website of contemporary poets)
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXHB69sy2NI
Reading: Romanian National Radio Poetry Programme (mp3)
Maggie is founder member and events organiser of Tongues and Grooves, Portsmouth’s popular poetry and music club, established since 2003.